Full/Part time: Full Time
Reports to the Director of Online Learning
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Course Builder is responsible for maintaining and updating highly interactive online learning content for graduate and undergraduate Hallmark University courses. The Course Builder will complete multiple projects and will be accountable for delivering work by prescribed deadlines. Reporting to the Director of Online Learning, they will work with Directors and faculty to collaboratively implement the plan, design, and curriculum provided by instructional designers and subject matter experts into the course material within Hallmark’s LMS for graduate and undergraduate courses. She/he will work as part of the Hallmark team to ensure courses meet quality and excellence standards. They will be the main point of contact for vendors wanting to bring in products and help the team stay on the cutting-edge with regard to learning tools in our learning management system. They will also update training materials including self-help documents, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist both faculty and students with the use of course management tools and other technologies.
- Knowledge of the functionality of Blackboard or any LMS that is chosen
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with ADA requirements in online course delivery
- Encompasses skills necessary to excel in the areas of technical implementation of curriculum.
- Ability to create an efficient, user-friendly and well-formatted student-interaction with the course page.
- Demonstrate exemplary teamwork skills, positive attitude, accountability to HU values, and excellent customer service.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Continued education and increased knowledge-base for enhanced training and skill sets.
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character Education Program.
Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Aptitude for managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Blackboard or other LMS system
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Educational Technology, IT, Design, or closely related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of LMS or SIS experience
- Willing to explore online delivery of self-produced content; using instructional design software, working in Windows and Mac OS; using Blackboard or similar Learning Management System; and real-time web conferencing. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have reliable transportation as travel within defined territory is required.
- Must pass comprehensive background check.