Posted 6 days ago
About the Job
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior instructors who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education. Teaching theory and practical applications using instructional methods and teaching skills in the classroom, curriculum, laboratory, or program related training; tracking student attendance and progress; setting educational objectives for the students; continuing curriculum development to strengthen the curricula/courses taught; on-going mentoring of students; retention; attentive to the continued needs of our students; obligated to continued self-improvement; and maintaining a satisfactory working relationship with our students, faculty, and staff.
- Develops and provides students with an approved Hallmark University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and updates all course material.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examination dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
- PhD or EdD preferred, with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching.
- Master’s degree, with 18 graduate hours in English for undergraduate teaching.
- Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
- Must have requisite subject matter expertise and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character Program.
- All full-time faculty will be required to participate in the University commencement ceremonies, to include wearing regalia from the college/university of which the degree was received. (Three times a year.).
- Participate in training, preparation, and continuing education in instructional methods and teaching skills for residential and/or distance education.
- ENGL1301: Composition I.
- ENGL1302: Composition II.
- GOVT2304: Introduction to Political Science.
- HSAS1301: Hallmark Strategies for Academic Success.
- HUMA1301: Introduction to Humanities.
- PHIL2321: Contemporary Moral Issues.
- SPCH1311: Introduction to Speech Communication.
- SPCH1321: Professional Communications.
About Hallmark University
Hallmark University is a nonprofit college offering Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Business, and Nursing.