SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior instructors who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education. Teaching theory and practical applications using instructional methods and teaching skills in the classroom, curriculum, laboratory, or program related training; tracking student attendance and progress; setting educational objectives for the students; continuing curriculum development to strengthen the curricula/courses taught; on-going mentoring of students; retention; attentive to the continued needs of our students; obligated to continued self-improvement; and maintaining a satisfactory working relationship with our students, faculty, and staff.
· Develops and provides students with an approved Hallmark University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
· Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and updates all course material.
· Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, WebEx, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
· Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
· Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examination dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
· Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
· Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of assignments/exams and provide timely feedback to students.
· Participate in the Hallmark Character Program.
· Participate in the University commencement ceremonies, to include wearing regalia from the college/university of which the degree was received. (Two times a year.)
Participate in training, preparation, and continuing education in instructional methods and teaching skills for residential and/or distance education.
Participate in all department meetings
· Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
· Must have requisite subject matter expertise and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
· Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· PhD or EdD preferred, with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching.
· Master’s degree, with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching.
About Hallmark University
Hallmark University is a nonprofit college offering Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Business, and Nursing.