Since 1969, Hallmark University has been driven by a mission – to change lives. Everything we do revolves around our core values of integrity, excellence, efficiency, and effectiveness. We distinguish ourselves through our commitment to innovative academic degree programs, our alignment with your industry partners, and the development of character in every student.
Summary of Job
Under the direction of the Dean of Nursing, the Associate Dean of Nursing assists with management of administrative functions of the Nursing Department. The Associate Dean collaborates with the Dean on strategic planning and initiatives; administrative leadership in areas of curriculum development and evaluation; compliance with the Texas State Board of Nursing and programmatic/institutional accreditations; assessment; faculty development, hiring, and performance appraisal; and student support and discipline.
- Directs, supervises, and oversees the routine daily operations of the School of Nursing
- Assists the dean in developing new and modifying existing programs to promote student learning outcomes and program effectiveness
- Assists the Dean with nursing faculty recruitment, onboarding, scheduling, and
ongoing faculty development
- Advises high-risk students and supports the Dean’s efforts for constructive and positive communication among students, faculty, and staff to achieve critical school objectives.
- Supports Hallmark University’s Character Program and the integration of the program into both the nursing curriculum and student co-curricular activities.
- Assumes a regular teaching assignment focused on the preparation of students for standardized exam completion
- Responds and resolves student behavioral and health/safety issues
- Creates term and room schedules in coordination with the Director of Simulation and the Clinical Coordinator
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objectives of the
position and the School of Nursing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Unencumbered Registered Nursing license in the state of Texas
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (required)
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or closely related field (preferred)
- Minimum of four (4) years full-time clinical experience in Nursing required.
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time or equivalent college level teaching experience
- Prior administrative experience in a School of Nursing (preferred)
Full Time Employee Benefits Include:
- Competitive compensation package, 401K match, paid time-off [sick, vacation, holiday].
- Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Business casual environment.
- Discounted Gym membership
- Hallmark University tuition discounts after 6 months of full-time regular employment.