The Dean of the School of Business is accountable for the effective delivery of high-quality education and instruction, including curriculum instructional development, education leading to industry-recognized certification of students, and dynamic coordination with other Hallmark University departments.
- Provides academic and administrative leadership to achieve critical school objectives (including graduation rates, professional certifications, employment placement rates for graduates, sound budgetary stewardship, and active stakeholder engagement).
- Enables constructive and mutually reinforcing communication among students, faculty, and staff to achieve critical school objectives.
- Evaluates university and school performance metrics and translates shortcomings into actionable remediation efforts.
- Responsibly manages school budgets as business units with special attention to reasonable cost-containment related to student textbooks, other learning resources, school supplies, and faculty instructional costs.
- Spot checks faculty instructional delivery, both in-person and online.
- Maintains current knowledge about experiential learning, industry-demanded skills, technical developments in the field, and in-demand soft skills.
- Communicate with students and faculty on a regular basis.
- Contributes publicly to the body of knowledge related to position responsibilities.
- Supports Hallmark University’s Character Program and the integration of Hallmark Consulting Group activities into student class assignments, co-curricular and student club engagements, and outreach activities, both in-person and virtually.
- Writes and delivers an annual report of measurable accomplishments and key elements.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
- Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience (preferred), and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Able to multi-task, work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: REQUIRED
- Earned Ph.D. or similar terminal (doctoral-level) degree in business, leadership, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university. At least 18 graduate credit hours showing on official transcripts with a grade of B or higher in at least one academic discipline or concentration offered or aligned with courses in HSB.
- Four (4) years or more cumulative full-time employment in a work environment (for-profit, non-profit, university/college, governmental, or entrepreneurial company) aligned with one or more of the disciplines or concentrations taught in HSB.