SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Dean of the School of Technology is accountable for the effective delivery of high-quality education and instruction, to include curriculum instructional development, education leading to industry-recognized certification of students, and dynamic coordination with other Hallmark University departments.
• Provides academic and administrative leadership to achieve critical school objectives (including graduation rates, professional certifications, employment placement rates for graduates, sound budgetary stewardship, and active stakeholder engagement).
• Enables constructive and mutually reinforcing communication among students, faculty, and staff to achieve critical school objectives.
• Evaluates university and school performance metrics and translates shortcomings into actionable remediation efforts.
• Maintains current knowledge about experiential learning, industry-demanded skills, technical developments in the field, and in-demand soft skills.
• Communicate with students and faculty on a regular basis.
• Conduct evaluations of faculty instructional delivery, encompassing both in person and online methods.
• Finalizes faculty recruitment, orientation, development, and other onboarding.
• Assures that scheduled classes are assigned to prepared faculty with sufficient lead time.
• Membership and/or participation in community organizations pertinent to the School of Technology
• Cultivate relationships with small to medium business in the community to acquire internships and Hallmark Consulting Group (HCG) projects.
• Leads the Program Advisory Committees (PAC) for the school. Conducts meetings, sends information to partners between meetings, solicits their feedback and discussions, and produces PAC attendance reports and minutes.
• Contributes publicly to the body of knowledge related to position responsibilities.
• Supports Hallmark University’s Character Program and the integration of Hallmark Consulting Group (HCG) activities into student class assignments, cocurricular and student club engagements, and in outreach activities, both in-person and virtually.
• Writes and delivers an annual report of measurable accomplishments and key elements.
• Given that classes are scheduled on Saturdays for the hybrid business program and leadership representation is essential, the Dean will be required to work occasional Saturdays to fulfill their responsibilities.
• Additional duties as needed and assigned.
• Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience (preferred), and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
• Able to multi-task, work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, and Web Browsers.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Earned Ph.D. or similar terminal (doctoral level) degree in business, leadership, information technology, cyber security, cloud or related field from a regionally accredited college or university. At least 18 graduate credit hours showing on official transcripts in at least one academic discipline or concentration offered or aligned with courses in School of IT.
• Four (4) years or more cumulative full-time employment as a director or Dean in a work environment (for-profit, non-profit, university/college, governmental, or entrepreneurial company) aligned with one or more of the disciplines or concentrations taught in the School of IT (Cyber Security, Cloud, Information Systems or Technology).