Posted 2 months ago
SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Director of Annual Donor Relations & Acquisition reports directly to the Vice President of Advancement Services and is responsible for creating and executing fundraising strategies for annual giving at Hallmark University. This includes a variety of initiatives including direct response (direct mail and digital), employee giving and mid-level donor programs. This role is key to bringing in new prospects, stewarding and cultivating the pipeline of donors through annual giving.
- Leads the annual giving program and manages the annual giving team,
- Plans, develops, and fulfills direct response initiatives, including direct mail and digital communication efforts,
- Develops annual giving program, including Board and Employee Giving Campaign and Giving Levels; ensures collaboration with volunteer university committee representatives to help operationalize Employee Giving Campaign,
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships for Employee Giving Campaign,
- Manages online system including creating and sending email campaigns for the department, including fundraising, engagement, alumni and event emails; manages constituent information and updates as necessary and ensures compliance with branding guidelines,
- Works with faculty and develops fundraising initiatives; develops the faculty appeal process and ensures strengthening of ties between faculty and advancement,
- Oversees strategies for Annual Giving Appeals including content gathering, email and list creation, sending emails, tracking results and providing recommendations,
- Works with Human Resources on the employee giving campaign to roll out to the University,
- Strategizes branding positioning and ensures all communications align with brand and are compliant with advancement policies; strategies with data team to collect lists and track result,
- Supports Advancement in all other aspects of Giving, including Major Gifts and Capital Campaign,
- Responsible for the University’s Mid-Level/Leadership Giving Program’s efforts.
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character program.
- Substantial outward facing interactions with donors.
- Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience (preferred), and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Able to multi-task, work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience leading annual giving and managing a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, English, Public Relations, or other related field of study.