SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Assist VP of Financial Affairs with financial activities of the organization. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company activity including statement of financial position, statement of activities, and statement of cash flows. Assist and/or directs preparation of organizational budgets. Directs and manage all other business office functions. Leads annual financial statement and compliance audits.
- Maintains structure and integrity of accounting system, including creating accounts and periodic system utilities
- Record, classify and summarize financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manages month-end and year-end close requirements
- Monthly journal entries as assigned such as posting payroll and cash journal entries.
- Enter journal entries for various month-end accruals and expense prepaids.
- Validate month-end balances against various external schedules and adjust when necessary.
- Responsible for all revenue recognition reporting and compliance requirements
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and depreciation schedules
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting
- Prepare timely financial statements & management reports
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and reports and presentation of that information to leadership team
- Perform all general ledger maintenance and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash Accounts
- Current Assets
- Current Liabilities
- Maintain regular and detail supporting documentation of financial information for analytical purposes
- Assist with coordination of external audit, including preparing audit schedules, coordinates audit timeline, and facilitates audit requests
- Provides support for the annual budget process
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting and internal control policies and systems
- Monitors the implementation of checks and balances which continually evaluate accounting practices, reporting procedures and record keeping
- Oversee business office functions and ensures compliance with applicable regulations/laws
- All other duties, as assigned
- Back up for other financial affairs/business office positions as needed
- Continued Education, Certifications, Knowledge Base enhanced training and skill sets.
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license in Texas or CPA candidate
- Working knowledge of GAAP theory and practical application
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Excel skills – ability to create financial models
- Excellent mathematical and computational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of management
- Able to be trusted with confidential information
- NFP experience or post-secondary education experience
- Strong technical ability in financial information systems/applications
- Working knowledge of MAS90/100/200 and Dynamics GP or other ERP