SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Manages maintenance and custodial staff; ensures buildings and equipment are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition in accordance with health and fire regulations. Responsible for interactions with vendors and sub-contractors, manages technology and aeronautics campus facility repairs and maintenance, manages repairs and maintenance of all hardware in labs and administrative use at both campuses. Responsible for assigning to in-house staff or obtaining outside contractors to complete any required construction/remodeling. Responsible for annual and periodic inspections/contracts, to include scheduling, documentation, and follow-up if necessary to include records and files.
- Ensures the University is in compliance with standards of local and regulatory agencies code at all times.
- Contracting – Follows established procedures and policies for requisition of materials/supplies; processes requisitions, obtains quotes, processes purchase orders, receives goods and reconciles any discrepancies, and maintains annual contracts/inspection requests along with documentation.
- Facilities maintenance & janitorial – Identifies maintenance problems, determines the scope of projects (needs, internal vs. external capabilities, etc.) and reports on the best approach for completion to University leadership.
- Supervises repairs and maintenance of building interior and exterior, grounds and parking lot, supervises remodeling and other construction projects and schedules periodic maintenance projects as needed.
- Responsible for inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies via database inventory processes.
- Safety – maintain security codes, develop and maintain emergency procedures, oversee document destruction, maintain building and fire alarms, arrange for all annual building inspections, distribute keys and maintain records.
- Maintain maintenance ticket database and assign work as required (maintenance requests, room set-ups, etc.).
- Must be familiar with tasks that include electrical work, plumbing, drywall, and HVAC.
- Must be able to work independently and be flexible to accomplish all tasks assigned within a reasonable timeframe.
- Security (unlocking building, deactivating alarm, monitor parking garage, video surveillance).
- Responsible for supporting team members and fostering a “team player” atmosphere and maintain a track record of working well with others.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Assist with maintenance and custodial duties when necessary.
- Inspect any infrastructure items, including carpets and tile floors for damage or requirement for cleaning/replacing.
- Shipping and receiving (boxes, supplies, parcels, etc.)
- Familiarization with SDS sheets.
- Moving/assemble office furniture and equipment.
- Knowledge of building maintenance (electrical, plumbing drywall, HVAC, landscaping, and custodial)
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Computer skills to include email, internet, basic PC experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Prior Lead Maintenance experience required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be able to climb ladders.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (A US permanent resident or US citizen, or are currently in possession of a visa valid for work in the US).
- Candidate will be required to pass an annual FAA background investigation to obtain an airport security badge to maintain employment.
- Must have clean driving record.
|Job Category||Full Time|