SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
To maintain North Campus building facilities interior, exterior, and landscaping.
- Daily repair, refurbish, and/or replace all maintenance issues throughout facility
- Ability to perform tasks that include:
- Electrical – assemble, install, test, maintain and repair electrical wiring and equipment; to include industrial wiring, control circuits, power tools, DC/AC machines and mechanical installation of light fixtures, ballasts, receptacles, conduit, and breakers with knowledge of wiring diagrams, etc.
- Plumbing – general plumbing knowledge to change out plumbing fixtures such as flush valves, urinals, toilets, repair cleanouts, unclog drains, etc.
- General construction – repair or build new metal and wood studs with sheetrock and/or brick and mortar. Repair of sheetrock, be able to tape, float, texture and paint. Repair carpet and flooring which includes tile and laminate.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings. Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Must be able to work independently and with subcontractors; be flexible to accomplish all tasks assigned within a reasonable timeframe.
- Assist at Aviation Campus
- Assist with janitorial duties
- Shipping and Receiving (books, supplies, parcels etc…pick up and deliveries, stocking, distribution, requisitions, assembly, moving, assist at other campus)
- Security (unlocking building, deactivating alarm, monitor parking garage, video surveillance). Plus respond to after-hours incidents.
- Landscaping (maintain all plants, bushes, grass, trees, and flowers, including sprinkler system)
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character program
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a maintenance technician
- Computer knowledge – Windows programs such as Excel, Outlook, Word
- Blueprint and general construction drawings
- Landscape experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid Driver’s License