The Instructional Designer is responsible for the development of new course builds and the redesign of existing courses. The Instructional Designer works collaboratively with Subject Matter Experts (SME), Program Coordinators, Course Developers, and the Hallmark Character Program Liaison in order to meet rigor standards, student-learning outcomes, and student usability standards. She/he will develop courses with instructional integrity and design/develop learning tools and materials from ideation through evaluation using established and evolving design processes. She/he will work as part of the Hallmark team to ensure courses meet quality and excellence standards. This position is best suited to someone who prefers a fast-paced environment, adapts to change and seeks to actively develop new skills and grow in understanding of learning and technology in a multi-delivery format.
- Design and develop learning materials/tools, from ideation through evaluation using established and evolving design processes
- Collaborate with faculty to design content, including (but not limited to) measurable learning objectives, leaders and participant materials and tools, experiential scenarios and simulations, assessment and evaluation questions.
- Collaborate with discipline-specific subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop course content, course outline, assessments, activities, and multimedia for new and existing courses.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained during design, development, revision, and evaluation of all courses.
- Build, evaluate, and review content for academic rigor, authentic assessment to support online and on ground classes and the Hallmark Character building program.
- Assist Director of Online Learning with data gathering and analysis regarding course load and time on task.
- Conduct all phases of the ADDIE model in order to design, develop, and evaluate courses.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in a design project.
- Maintain project plans and other design documents associated with course development project.
- Mentor Course Designers and Course Builders as appropriate.
- Populate and maintain course pages in Blackboard or any LMS that is chosen
- Develop multimedia interactions
- Coordinate video/mini-lecture workflow
- Document and maintain standards and procedures
- Knowledge of the functionality of Blackboard or any LMS that is chosen
- Review existing courses for instructional integrity
- Engage with team members to enable clarity of goal; conduct ongoing reviews to ensure outcome on track to meet needs
- Take responsibility for projects and follow through to completion with minimal need for direct supervision
- Communicate with managers, peers, and other design stakeholders and collaborate with employees from various functions and levels
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ADA requirements in online course delivery
- Encompasses skills necessary to excel in the areas of technical implementation of curriculum.
- Ability to create an instructionally sound, well-formatted student-interaction with the course.
- Demonstrate exemplary teamwork skills, positive attitude, accountability to HU values, and excellent customer service along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of faculty and staff.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL/PUBLIC ACTIVITES: (OPTIONAL)
- Continued education and increased knowledge-base for enhanced training and skill sets.
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character Education Program.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Aptitude for managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in Blackboard or other LMS system
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, IT, Design or closely related field
- Minimum of 6 months ID training (portfolio required)
- Minimum of one (1) year of LMS or SIS experience
- Willing to explore online delivery of self-produced content; using instructional design software, working in Windows and Mac OS; using Blackboard or similar Learning Management System; and real-time web conferencing. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must pass comprehensive background check.
|Job Category||Full Time|