Performs duties in the Nursing Lab/Simulation rooms, involved in coordinating lab/simulation room scheduling with the responsibility for usage, take-down, maintenance of supplies, management of supplies ordering, equipment, and manikins. Duties can include administrative duties as assigned.
- Scheduling of use of Lab/Simulation rooms.
- Anticipate needs for different lab usage in accordance with the faculty’s demands.
- Continued application of the policy for the interdisciplinary lab/simulation center and program.
- Coordination of the assigned lab/simulation rooms for set-up, usage, take-down, and maintenance of supplies, equipment, and manikins.
- Ordering and account for all supplies in the laboratory
- Coordinate with other Hallmark University labs for supplies, equipment, and maintenance of the manikins.
- Collaborate with the Lab/Simulation manager and dean of nursing on training standardized students to understand their roles.
- Promote a safe, clean, and effective learning environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- Communicate with the dean of nursing, faculty for lab/simulation directions for lab/sim set-ups, usage, and take-down as well as any updates or changes. Storage of faculty/instructor lab/sim manuals for unit labs and simulation student experiences.
- Attendance at Course Lab/Simulation meetings and regular faculty meetings as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of online video recording, and electronic medical records interface with lab/simulation activities.
- Maintain a record of equipment troubleshooting, system problems, and repairs.
- Maintain current knowledge of practice laboratory and simulation resources.
- Provide input in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relevant to the use and function of the practice and simulation labs.
OTHER KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in technical training.
- Other administrative duties as identified and assigned by the needs of the Nursing Leadership and Faculty.
- Proactive self –starter
- Excellent Communication skills
- Knowledge of Nursing Lab equipment/Simulation lab equipment
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exceptional organizational skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
One year of college, which may include Technical College.
- Knowledge of Computer and able to use MS words, Powerpoint and Excel
- One year of experience working in a healthcare-related field.
Certified Nursing Assistant certification
- Certificate in simulation preferred—understanding in current and trending simulation technologies.
- Medical Assistant certification
- Has excellent communication and people skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Aptitude in resolving conflicts and issues.