SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The Social Media and Communications Specialist is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s social media and communications strategy across various community relation types. Responsibilities will include the management of key areas such as; social media presence, social media advertising, content creation, and public relations assistance. This position will be focused on the progression of recruitment and community engagement. This position will manage content and ads for placement, monitor campaign success, and build reporting and report results to management on an ongoing basis. Other duties may be necessary to complement the evolving strategy to grow the organization’s online presence and through SEO.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily/weekly content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content, including SEO and blogs
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Actively manage content and ads for placement, monitor campaign success, and report results to management on an ongoing basis
- Reputation management through responding to reviews, disputing negative reviews via YELP, Google, BING and other platforms
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (admissions, student services etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Contribute to strategy development of inquiry generation through paid social media advertising
- Identify, prioritize, develop and post compelling content including videos and photos to university’s social media channels that illustrates university culture and campus life.
- Curate stories and of content for public relations.
- Create press releases, guest blogs, university stories, and other articles that amplify the happenings of Hallmark University.
- Generate community feedback and manage online reputation.
- Increase positive online reviews and decrease negative online reviews through review management strategies.
- Expand communication channels to increase media and employer contacts and relationships for maximum reach.
- Engage with and interview members of our community.
- Review and report community engagement metrics to show effectiveness and growth
Requirements and skills
- Proven success and experience in social media marketing or as a Digital Media Specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Expert understanding of the various platforms and create content for the uniqueness of the platforms
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Excellent grammar, spelling and speaking skills
- BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- Experience with managing an online presence on social media sites including but not limited to; Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitch, YouTube, and LinkedIn and any emerging platforms
- Experience managing paid advertising campaigns on social media platforms
- Experience designing and editing press releases and kits
- Experience posting to the various platforms
- Ability to use design software such as Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to photograph and edit posts using software
- Understanding of online marketing processes and behaviors
- Agility to handle crisis situations and negative feedback
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing
- 3-4 years of success and experience with Social Media Management and Communications Development
- High School Diploma
|Job Category||Full Time|