SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Responsible for managing security services for the aviation campus to include students, faculty, staff and visitors to ensure compliance with all TSA and airport regulations. Provides support for attendance, airport security procedures, student accounts and student events. Provides occasional administrative support to the Student Affairs department as needed and occasionally supports university events. Primary location is the aviation campus however this position may be required to work at both campuses as demand dictates. Act as back up for student affairs & events coordinator position at aviation campus as needed. All job duties will be completed in a timely manner.
- Operate the security gate daily at aviation to ensure compliance with TSA/airport.
- Manage escorts to ensure all visitors have an escort so no one is left unaccompanied.
- Daily posting of Stop Lists which must be posted to the front gate. The stop list identifies people who are no longer allowed on Airport grounds.
- POC for all overseeing audits and attending audit meetings are required by TSA/airport.
- Remains in regular contact with the badge and ID office to stay updated on missed appointments, badge appointments, disqualified badges, and cleared backgrounds.
- Approve/reject badge applications and issue vouchers.
- Travel to badging office weekly as demand dictates.
- Responsible for incident reports at the aviation campus.
- Patrol campus during the week to check for security violations.
- Student Graduation Events: Works closely with the SAEC to execute successful graduation ceremonies. Works closely with all departments to ensure a smooth, informative, and professional graduation is conducted for graduating students. Informs all graduation eligible students eligible of cost, dates, times, and cutoff dates for graduation. Compiles list of students graduating and forwards to the school Deans for verification of eligibility. Responsible for all logistics of graduation.
- Works closely with SAEC to produce a successful orientation, awards ceremonies, and other events.
- Supports SAEC with student assessments.
- Job Punctuality: SASC works hours to accommodate the needs of the student body. A minimum of one night a week is required to meet the needs of students.
- Meeting Attendance: SASC will attend meetings as appropriate and required.
- Works with SAEC to plan, coordinate and execute all student events to promote student life and cultivate a sense of community.
- Requisition and procurement: Responsible for organizing receipts and purchase orders for department related needs.
- Additional Duties: May be assigned additional duties as deemed appropriate by the Director of Student Affairs.
- Must participates in Hallmark Character Program.
The student & security services listed above must be coordinated by an individual with appropriate professional and educational qualifications and must minimally encompass relevant coping skills (e.g., familiar with FAA and airport authority procedures, student testing and tutoring services). In addition, the SAC must be able to multi-task as events may be occurring simultaneously.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- EXPERIENCE: In Student Services, Airport Security, Student Affairs or community related organization.
|Job Category||Full Time|