SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Oversees the operational activities of all University events, to include, but not limited to, University Graduations, Program Advisory Committee (PAC) meetings, Summer Intensive Program (SIP) events, Annual Fund-Raising Gala, all-company and all-campus meetings, student events, and other leadership directed events. Will be required to work closely with other professionals in a team approach. Will provide event marketing and promotion support in partnership with the Marketing Department and maintain the campus calendar.
•Responsible for both strategic and tactical elements of event planning adhering to university policies and procedures
•Event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, audio visual needs, videographer and photographer coordination, guest speakers, guest list, name badges, and the welcoming of guests.
•Responsible for event specific contract negotiations with external vendors/contractors with proper and timely coordination in partnership with the Procurement Office.
•Scheduling of campus space for meetings, conferences, and special events, as well as event information is up to date on the Hallmark University Portal calendar.
•Administering and coordinating billing and invoicing related to reservations and procurement through proper University staff in a timely manner.
•Breaking down and cleaning the event space once the event has drawn to a close
•Manage internal (University) and external event staff to provide excellent customer service in a professional team environment through effective professional coordination to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
•Assist with post event recaps and thank you letters to attendees.
•Provide excellent customer service to all departments/employees within the university, outside customers, prospective students as well as current students.
•Operate with schedule flexibility according to event calendar to be available for set up and conclusion of events.
•Additional duties assigned.
•General knowledge of best practices in event planning
•Able to work independently, efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking open office environment and to meet deadlines.
• Must participate in the Hallmark Character program.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized have an ownership mentality.
• Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of event planning experience or equivalent
combination of experience and training.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and other Web-Based programs
• Knowledge and experience with internet research for procurement of
• Familiarity with budget development.
• Must have excellent organization and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple
events and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively with university staff, faculty, students, representatives
from outside agencies, senior leaders, and the public.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of event management experience
in an agency, nonprofit or corporate setting.
About Hallmark University
Hallmark University is a nonprofit college offering Aviation Maintenance, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Business, and Nursing.