This position is responsible for providing leadership in the administration of student records to include the planning, directing, and coordinating of the activities of the Office of the Registrar and the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Hallmark University student information system. The University Registrar, Director will oversee and ensure the integrity, security, and maintenance of all students’ academic records for current and former students; oversee the evaluation of transferable credits, enhancement and maintenance of Hallmark University registration, degree audit, course scheduling and room assignment systems, processing of transcript requests and the protection of student rights under the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Responsible for managing and oversight of assigned registrar programs and processing areas as well as all error reports and output reports from registrar processes.
- Provides supervision of team members – hiring, training, performance evaluations, etc., supervises day-to-day activities of a team/unit including full-time and part-time staff, and/or student employees.
- Enforces the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and compliance with Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog requirements as they pertain to degree completion.
- Coordinates and serves as primary liaison between the Office of the Registrar, and outside vendors or organizations that may include Parchment, National Student Loan Clearinghouse, the Texas Higher Education Coordinator Board, other colleges, and universities as well as internal departments including Admissions, Academics, Financial Planning, Accounting, Marketing, and Information Technology.
- Responsible for managing and oversight of document intake processing including mail, imaging, and indexing and appropriate distribution for financial aid and admissions paperwork received via fax, mail, email, and personal delivery.
- Provides supervisory controls for student record management associated with enrollment and academic programs/processes.
- Provides data and/or reports as needed to administration.
- Participates in operational and strategic planning for the team and department.
- Research rules, regulations, and peer programs to stay abreast of and in compliance with regulations that govern all assigned programs/processes.
- Interprets and maintains knowledge of current federal, state, and institutional policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to assigned programs/processes.
- Works with compliance officers and administration during audits (internal and external).
- Provides oversight and guidance to staff members for processing, reviewing, evaluating, and maintaining student documentation for assigned program that may include applications, transcripts, academic documents, veteran forms, pending degree verification and miscellaneous forms to determine eligibility and/or benefits available to the student.
- Provides strategic, visionary, and proactive leadership to plan, organize, and manage all the activities related to the Registrar’s Office, including the management of related content in updates to catalogs, student policies, registration, class scheduling, graduation processing, student information systems, enrollment reporting, transfer credit evaluation, degree audit, the application of academic policies, ad hoc reporting, and ensure the integrity and privacy of student records.
- Uses independent judgment to orchestrate and oversee events, programs, processes and publications and coordinates development and distribution of documents, requirements, general information, schedules and reports to students, faculty, departments, and university community for assigned program/process.
- Writes and develops policy and procedures manual for areas of oversight pertaining to the Registrar Office.
- Attends state and regional meetings/conferences as necessary.
- Participates in committees and/or task forces across campus as necessary.
- Handle non-routine and complex questions regarding registrar activities.
- Serves as advanced trainer when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Any additional duties assigned.
PROFESSIONAL/PUBLIC ACTIVITIES: (OPTIONAL)
All the above duties must be coordinated by an individual with appropriate professional and educational qualifications and must minimally encompass relevant coping skills (e.g., student retention strategies, administrative and multi-tasking skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- PREFERRED: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, flexibility, and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as part of a productive team.
- Ability to establish rapport with all faculty, staff, and students, and the ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
- Work on multiple tasks with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management/services, student service with some supervisory and/or program oversight.
- Experience using automated student information systems, registration systems, class scheduling, data management, and customer service.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Banner, or related programs.