SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
The VP of Academic Affairs oversees the academic integrity of the university and provides leadership in long-range planning, budgeting, curriculum, and program development across all schools and campuses. The VP of Academic Affairs works with senior executive leadership to provide primary administrative leadership, direction, and evaluation for all University academic operations. This position is responsible for the assurance of ongoing compliance in line with all standards of accreditation and regulatory oversight. The VP oversees the Universities’ Academic Colleges, Library, Assessment Center, and Instructional Design.
- Responsible for curriculum content (ground, online, and hybrid) and ensuring content meets or exceeds core competency requirements to include all goal and objectives as outlined in the Hallmark University catalog, in coordination with the Instructional Design office.
- Responsible for the strategic leadership and visioning of Hallmark’s academic operations
- Supports recruitment of program faculty and support staff.
- This position is responsible for maintaining an advanced knowledge of all accreditation and regulatory standards, including an active awareness of emerging regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the ongoing compliance and advancement of institutional and programmatic accreditation in line with Hallmark’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of Hallmark’s Program Advisory Committees to ensure industry integration into programmatic design and feedback.
- Ensures Instructional Design and Delivery is consistent with Hallmark’s philosophy
- Design faculty (ground & online) onboarding protocol, and continual faculty training program in coordination with the Faculty Trainer.
- Procedures, process and development of class schedules, student status changes, and final grades for general education and technology campus programs.
- Ensures adequate supply inventory and equipment necessary to train students for employment in the University’s academic program environment.
- Lead’s academic efforts in adherence to safety precautions and security policies
- Participates in and completes professional development as outlined in the Institution Effectiveness Plan
- Conducts, coordinates, and organizes regular academic leadership team and program meetings.
- Conduct meetings with academic faculty and staff to facilitate inspiration, training, and dissemination of information.
- Monitor and evaluate academic delivery with prescribed faculty development plans and procedures, classroom observations, and academic delivery methods in practice with Hallmark’s educational philosophy.
- Ensure all academic faculty members remain current and certified in their field of instruction & expertise and participate in professional organizations as required.
- Visit and assess classroom operations and procedures regularly while providing professional development, process improvement, hands-on experience, and education quality.
- Conference with students as required in academics, attendance, conduct, dress, and personal problems.
- Participate in student orientation and graduation exercises.
- Prepare, submit, evaluate, and coordinate the payroll for all faculty and staff in the academic department. Including adjunct pay, and course development contracts
- Prepare, submit, evaluate, and coordinate the follow-up of all requisitions for procurement and/or replacement of supplies, books, and equipment.
- Leads the evaluation, process, and development of all faculty performance regarding student achievements in curriculum, activities necessary to achieve certifications and meet learning needs. Including take and pass rates for certifications.
- Practices Hallmark’s Core Values and supports and contributes towards its Mission and Vision
- Required to participate in the University commencement ceremonies, to include wearing regalia from the college/university of which the degree was received. (Twice Yearly-Spring and Fall)
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
PROFESSIONAL/PUBLIC ACTIVITIES: (OPTIONAL)
Professional Affiliations are suggested as they relate to the University’s academic program needs.