SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior instructors who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm, and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education. We are seeking primarily Industry Professionals to share their knowledge and experience with undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of fields. Courses meet once or twice a week for eight weeks. The face-to-face interaction is blended with technology (such as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course-by-course basis.
- Develops and provides students with an approved Hallmark University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and updates all course material.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examination dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensure that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams and provide timely feedback to students.
- All full-time faculty will be required to participate in the University commencement ceremonies, to include wearing regalia from the college/university of which the degree was received (Twice Yearly-Spring and Fall).
- Must participate in the Hallmark Character Program.
- Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
- Must have requisite subject matter expertise and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Doctorate degree in Psychology, or related field.
- Minimum of master’s degree in psychology studies; or master’s degree in any discipline with 18 graduate semester hours in Psychology.